Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas nails: Fairy Dust and Xmas tree

Hi everyone! I've got more Christmas nail art for you. I'm really big on the red-and-white theme this year. And minimalism is another main theme for my Christmas nails. No idea why but I think it's fun to switch things up. Last year I was all for fun prints and complex designs and multiple colors.

You could do this nail design if you don't have much time to spend on drawing details or if you just want a simple accent nail.

Taken with flash

Taken with flash
Here are the polishes I used:
China Glaze - Salsa
China Glaze - Fairy Dust
A white nail art pen

Easy enough, right? First I used two coats of China Glaze - Salsa for the base. I'm sure you'll agree with me that China Glaze - Salsa is such a pretty red. Every time I reach for a red polish, I end up picking China Glaze - Salsa. I might have to get myself a spare bottle at the rate I'm using it.

Next I used one coat of China Glaze - Fairy Dust. Fairy Dust adds such a magical glow. It sparkles and I swear you can almost picture Tinkerbell from Peter Pan showering all her pixie dust onto your nails. ;)

For the accent nail, I just used my white nail art pen to draw the tree. I didn't spend much time perfecting it which is why it turned out a bit wonky but hey, snow on trees aren't perfectly balanced, are they?

What do you think of this easy Christmas nail art design? What part of Christmas inspires your nail art? What color theme are you loving for Christmas this year? Tell me all about it in the comments section. Run out and get a glitter polish now. ;)

Thanks for reading! <3

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love the fairy dust!
    Come to Texas and be my personal manicurist please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to!! I'll be sure to bring lotsa fun colored polishes if I do :D

      Delete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. I love reading comments - they make my day! I always and eventually reply to comments because I appreciate receiving feedback.
If you're reading an old post of mine and love it, don't hesitate to comment. I love seeing love for my designs/posts no matter when I post them.
If you like my blog, please feel free to follow me on Twitter, Tumblr or Pinterest as well. xx